On 29-5-2014 11:00, Dan Kennedy wrote:
On 05/29/2014 03:42 PM, big stone wrote:
Hello,

I miss the functionnality of some other sql motors that keep the comments
inside an object definition, like a table.

This sounds quite illogical, as :
-  Newlines and spaces are kept, (if not around a comment)
-  the SQLite internal parser would re-parse (and remove comments)
from the
original statement without issue.

I think in practice the text that appears before the first "(" character
in the CREATE TABLE statement is replaced by "CREATE TABLE <tblname>".

Before the first "("  ???....

C:\temp>sqlite3
SQLite version 3.8.4.3 2014-04-03 16:53:12
Enter ".help" for usage hints.
sqlite> create /* test */ table test(x);
sqlite>
sqlite> select * from test;
sqlite> .schema
CREATE TABLE test(x);