Hello! We are using SQLite3 for storing geographical points that can be queried using a bounding box (find everything that lies within this box). Obviously, this query fits the capabilities of the RTree module very well and it is a simple 2 dimensional search using an R-Tree that has 5 columns.

However, since these are points that are stored in the table, x1=x2 and y1=y2 when we do the insertion. As a former embedded systems engineer, this feels like a waste since I can see that we are inserting exactly the same value into the table.

INSERT into data_rtree(1000, 10, 5, 10, 5);
INSERT into data_rtree(1000, 17, 1, 17, 1);
and so on.

Is there a way that we could optimize the module so that we don't need to store the same value twice? We are using this on a system with constrained resources, so it helps to reduce the amount of storage space we need for our database.

Thanks,
Mohit.