I have just noticed this syntax which will simplify some table creation for me.
However in some instances where I want to use it, I have a handy SELECT
available, but I don't want to actually insert a row at that time. Testing with
the shell, the following appears to work:

  attach database ':memory:' as mem;
  create table mem.messages as select * from main.messages limit 0;

and I get a new, empty, table with the same columns. Is this supposed to work
in this way? The info at http://www.sqlite.org/lang_createtable.html doesn't
say one way or the other. I'd like to take advantage of this, but not if it is
undefined behaviour that just happens to work.

--
Cheers  --  Tim