I would add a couple more comments: No other ADO.NET data provider that is
supported by OrmLite has this problem. All the others return column names that
can be differentiated one from another without requiring an "AS" directive.
Also, I don't think there is an "ADO.NET" standard as such, just Microsoft's
documentation
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.common.dbdatareader%28v=vs.110%29.aspx)
 which says by the existence of multiple methods that take column names as
arguments (Item[String], GetName, GetOrdinal, and probably more) that you can
interact with the reader's data by column name. I'm sure someone will correct
me if I am wrong.