On 7 Aug 2014, at 10:56am, Giuseppe Costanzi <giuseppecosta...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi to everybody,
> I have the following problem, on a database, 20M on a server linux, when I
> make ANALYZE all the interrogations become slow.

I'm very sorry, but I'm having a little trouble with your English and want to
be sure I understand your report.

While you are running ANALYZE, you can expect the system to run slowly.
ANALYZE does lots of work.  After you have finished running ANALYZE, the system
should not be slower than it was before you started running ANALYZE.

If you have finished running ANALYZE and SQLite commands are taking longer than
they did before, please tell us which version of SQLite you're running.

If you are executing commands in your own application can you please download
the SQLite shell tool and try the same commands in that ?  You can use the
following command

.timer ON

to make the shell tool show you timing for each command it runs.

You should be able to reverse the results of ANALYZE using the following
commands:

DROP TABLE sqlite_stat1;
DROP TABLE sqlite_stat2;
DROP TABLE sqlite_stat3;
DROP TABLE sqlite_stat4;

(Some of these will give errors because different versions of SQLite create
different tables.)  If you do this, and run your queries again, do they run
faster like they ran before you did ANALYZE ?

Simon.