On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 10:45 AM, Levente <leventel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am thinking about putting an SQLite database on a flash drive (SD card).
> I would like to know what kind of file system is the optimal. I want to
> query a lot, and insert or update a few times per minute.

Not directly related to your question, but I am curious: Since sqlite's
atomicity  guarantee assumes that write to a disk sector are linear (e.g.
either beginning to end or end to beginning, but never the middle before
either end), I was wondering if this assumption was ever verified for flash
drives. I have no information to contrary, but while that assumption makes
a lot of sense for a spinning disk, I see no reason to assume this for
flash drives and other SSDs. I would think that they may parallelize writes
to different parts of the "sector" for efficiency.
I don't have any knoladge to base this on, I just don't know if this was
ever verified with actual flash drive driver manufacturers.

--
˙uʍop-ǝpısdn sı ɹoʇıuoɯ ɹnoʎ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı