On 19 Aug 2014, at 10:13pm, John Drescher <dresche...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I'm running the following script on more than 1000 2MB CSV files and I'd
>> like to speed it up if possible. I noticed that a 'WAL' is running. Is there
>> something better I can do to improve this process?
>
> Use an SSD.

Agree.  There's nothing wrong with your script: it's well designed to do what
you need with the maximum of elegance.  You might get a faster result by
writing your own C program to read the CSV file and do the minimum of SQLite
commands, but probably not much.

1.5 hours for 2000 CSV files is 2.7 seconds per file.  About .2 seconds of that
are file handling.  The rest indicates that SQLite is running extremely quickly
and efficiently for you.

If you want anything faster, use faster hardware.

Simon.