On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 3:46 PM, Baruch Burstein <bmburst...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Any explanation? I ran into this issue today when using the fossil built-in
> sqlite shell, and I thought I remembered that it has a function registered
> for getting a raw blob, but couldn't remember the name.

There is one (select content('trunk')), but it's not available via the
'sqlite' command, which is basically just a thin shell (as it were) around
the standard sqlite3 shell. Before it launches, the Fossil instance gets
shut down, so the underlying sqlite handle has no association with Fossil,
i.e. with features like blob-fetching.

It's unfortunate, but i don't see a way to solve it without forking the
sqlite shell (which i'm not willing to do). OTOH, libfossil can do this ;)

http://fossil.wanderinghorse.net/repos/libfossil/index.cgi/wiki?name=f-tools
(specifically, f-query)

http://fossil.wanderinghorse.net/repos/libfossil/index.cgi/wiki?name=DbFunctions

--