On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 8:44 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> Additional discussion can be found at:
>
>      http://www.sqlite.org/optoverview.html
>      http://www.sqlite.org/queryplanner-ng.html

Richard,

The SQLite doc is part of the reason I'm a fan of SQLite, but some of its
pages can be rather long, with many sections (<h3> sub-headers), and when
wanting to send a link to a particular section, I don't see an easy way to
get the proper #section anchor. When looking at the HTML source, I can see
the anchors are there, but that's far from convenient.

Could there be a way to easily get a direct URL to each section? Either via
a TOC in each page, or the header being a link to itself, or when you hover
on the header, a paragraph symbol appears that one can click to "jump" to
the anchor?

The doc being generated, I assume a simple change to the generator would be
enough to get this across the whole doc? This would IMHO further improve
the usability of the doc. Thank you for considering this change request.
Best regards, --DD