On 25.08.2014 15:42, Frank Millman wrote:

I have upgraded to version 3.8.6, and I can confirm that it now works.
Thanks very much, Richard and Keith

Now I have to figure out how to get Python to use the upgraded version,
but that is one for the python mailing list.

You may consider upgrade to the current Fedora release - F20, which comes with sqlite-3.8.6 [1]. F18 is already out of support anyway.

[As you know, in Fedora every binding points to the system sqlite, including both the standard Python library module (sqlite3) and the well known specialized/full wrapper python-apsw]

Kind regards,
Alek

[1] https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/sqlite