On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 8:29 AM, Valentin Davydov <sqlite-u...@soi.spb.ru>
wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 09:14:17PM -0400, Richard Hipp wrote:
>
> > The latest SQLite 3.8.7 alpha version (available on the download page
> > http://www.sqlite.org/download.html) is 50% faster than the 3.7.17
> release
> > from 16 months ago.  That is to say, it does 50% more work using the same
> > number of CPU cycles.
>
> Is there any similar benchmarks with regard to disk i/o operations rather
> than CPU? Especially random read of cache misses, I mean.

No, there are no such benchmarks.  On the other hand, we've been focused on
minimizing I/O in SQLite for the past decade.  I think we have extracted
about as much as we can fro m that vein.  But if you have any new ideas on
how we can further reduce the I/O, we'd love to hear from you.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org