On 4 Oct 2014, at 10:08pm, Jim Dodgen <j...@dodgen.us> wrote:

> What I do is to prepare a relatively large and complex query. Then I run
> the same query forever  never doing a finalize. My assumption is I will
> have no memory leakage.

You can do _step() and _reset() and _bind_() as many times as you want in any
order.  You should not get memory (or any other resource) leaks unless you've
messed up in your own programming or supplied the wrong value for the fifth
parameter to a _bind_().

When you are finished with the query you should either end on a _reset() or do
a _finalize().  Or (harmlessly) do both.  If you do not do one of those, you
may find that when you _close() some memory is not released for the statement
and/or the database (I'm not sure which, but either way it's bad).

Simon.