Drago, William @ MWG - NARDAEAST wrote:
> An automatic test system that I designed generates 25 data elements
> for each unit tested.  [...]
> should I lump everything together in one table just like the .csv file
> or should I create several smaller tables that group similar parameters?
> I'm not sure what would normally be done. I think the database is
> normalized properly in either case.

When you have 24 rows for each unit, this sounds as if the unit
information is duplicated.  You have to decide if it would make sense
to have a separate table for units.

Splitting up for "similar" parameters makes sense only when this
similarity has an effect on your queries, i.e., if it would be easier
to write "SELECT * FROM LFCal".  That's unlikey if you also have to do
a join with UTT.

It might make sense to do the split as an optimization, but only if the
amount of data in the combined table were large enough to overwhelm
your computer.  This does not appear to be the case.

> CONFIDENTIALITY, EXPORT CONTROL AND DISCLAIMER NOTE:This e-mail and ...

This e-mail contains public information intended for any subscriber of
this mailing list and for anybody else who bothers to read it; it will
be copied, disclosed and distributed to the public.  If you think you
are not the intended recipient, please commit suicide immediately.
These terms apply also to any e-mails quoted in, referenced from, or
answering this e-mail, and supersede any disclaimers in those e-mails.
Additionally, disclaimers in those e-mails will incur legal processing
fees of $42 per line; you have agreed to this by reading this disclaimer.

Regards,
Clemens