>Perhaps this could be caught at compile time.  The process that creates
>the amalgamation could add a preprocessor macro defining e.g.
>_SQLITE_AMALGAMATION_.  The SQLITE_OMIT_* macros could test for that
>definition and #pragma error if found.

I think there is a much easier solution. Since those four API bindings are
needed by more than just the WAL code then simply remove the four checks and
have the APIs always bind.

This appears to be a simple oversight about the usage of the APIs. They are
used by code other than WAL. Specifically the indexing code also uses the file
mapping APIs.

RP