Hi,

I need extra field which contain tags / keywords describing such
record. Then I want to find record ID by using tags. I know that it is
easy with TEXT field and LIKE condition but I have issue with update
speed. Let say that you have collection of photos and you want to add
tags like "summer", "beach" (with ignoring duplicates). But then you
want to remove from collection tags "beach". It is quite expensive
(find, remove using native language then update record with new
value). I'm reading about FTS but I think that it is overloaded for my
needs and I didn't find functions for remove keywords.
For example PostgreSQL has special field HSTORE which is list of
key=>value type field. It is not suitable for tags but it is just
example for special data types. HSTORE has routines for update (with
ignoring duplicates), removing, search, enumerates etc.

Regards