On 8 Dec 2014, at 3:05pm, Gwendal Roué <g...@pierlis.com> wrote:

> Why not an opt-in way to ask for deferred constraint checking. The key here
> is only to allow perfectly legit requests to run. With all the due respect to
> sqlite implementors and the wonderful design of sqlite.

SQL-99 includes a syntax for deferred checking.  We don't need to invent our
own syntax with a PRAGMA.  However, it is done when the constraint is defined
rather than being something one can turn on or off.  So you would need to think
out whether you wanted row- or transaction-based checking when you define each
constraint in the first place.

Simon.