"Richard Hipp" wrote...

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 1:22 PM, jose isaias cabrera <jic...@cinops.xerox.com
wrote:

"Stephan Beal" wrote...

 On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 6:32 PM, jose isaias cabrera <
jic...@cinops.xerox.com

wrote:

 When creating table names, are there any constraints that one must look
for? ie. Length? Characters? etc.?  I quickly browse through this spot,

https://www.sqlite.org/lang_createtable.html

https://www.sqlite.org/limits.html

might have what you're looking for.

Hmmm... what I am looking for it is not there.  If the "string length"
defined there is what defines the length of the name of a table, I am in
business. :-) However, there is nothing about problematic characters. ie.
<>!@#$%^&*()_+=-{}\|[]'";:?/.,, etc., etc. in the table name.

Put the table name in double-quotes.  If the table name contains a
double-quote mark (ascii 0x22) then double it.  The name of the table
cannot start with "sqlite" but otherwise, there are no other restrictions
that I recall.

Thanks, Dr. Hipp. That is what I was looking for. I will let you know if something does not work.

josé