> > On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 10:58 AM, Paul <de...@ukr.net> wrote:
> >

> > > I have yet to try and test if dropping stat tables worth the effort.
> > >

> > Most of the work is involved in loading sqlite_stat4. On the other hand,
> > most of the benefit comes from sqlite_stat1. So consider compiling without
> > SQLITE_ENABLE_STAT4. You will still probably get good query plans, but the
> > startup time should be reduced.
> >

> Thanks you for analysis of the data, Richard.
> I am going to try your advice and post the results.

I've done different tests, and my results are:

 - Compiling without stat4(3) is equivalent to simply dropping sqlite_stat4(3)
table, and
   as stated before, on average it takes 1.2 ms (with) vs 0.4 ms (without) to
open database.
   That is very good, because I don't have to compile two different version of
library.

 - It takes roughly same time to read sqlite_stat3 as it takes to read
sqlite_stat4,
   sqlite_stat3 wins by a few microseconds. So if I'd ever choose to ignore
additional
   open overhead, I'd definitely go for sqlite_stat4.

 - Compiling with USE_PREAD macro saves a dozen more microseconds.

I'll stick to the advice and drop sqlite_stat4 table, leaving only sqlite_stat1.

Thanks everyone for help!

Best regards,
Paul