On 27/12/2014 12:13 AM, Teg wrote:
Because AUTOINCREMENT keyword changes the behavior of the ROWID
selection algorithm, AUTOINCREMENT is not allowed on WITHOUT ROWID
tables or on any table column other than INTEGER PRIMARY KEY. Any
attempt to use AUTOINCREMENT on a WITHOUT ROWID table or on a column
other than the INTEGER PRIMARY KEY column results in an error.--
I think this comment would be clearer if the "without rowid" part was
pulled out and made absolute.

The AUTOINCREMENT keyword is not allowed on WITHOUT ROWID tables.
Because the AUTOINCREMENT keyword changes the behavior of the ROWID
selection algorithm, Any attempt to use AUTOINCREMENT on a column
other than the INTEGER PRIMARY KEY column results in an error.--

I think this misses the point that if you try to apply it on a WITHOUT ROWID table, you will get an error. Here's my attempt at reqriting thetext...

The AUTOINCREMENT keyword changes the behavior of the ROWID selection algorithm and is only allowed on the INTEGER PRIMARY KEY column and Consequently, any attempt to use AUTOINCREMENT on WITHOUT ROWID tables or on a column other than the INTEGER PRIMARY KEY column results in an error.

Best Regards,
Mohit.