On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 7:28 PM, Petite Abeille <petite.abei...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On Jan 8, 2015, at 7:21 PM, Lance Shipman <lship...@esri.com> wrote:
> >
> > Can SQLite support millisecond precision in date time data? I looking at
> doc I think so, but it's not clear.
>
> There is no 'date time’ data type in SQLite. Feel free to store your time
> data as either text or number. To whatever precision suits you.
>
> There are a couple of built-in utility functions to convert things back
> and forth:
>
> http://www.sqlite.org/lang_datefunc.html

Note that Julian Times provide _almost_ ms-precision, depending on the time
range you want to cover. The Fossil SCM (based on sqlite) uses Julian Times
almost exclusively. HOWEVER, there is some small amount of conversion
precision when doing round-trip Julian/ISO8601 times, so i'd avoid them if
100% round-trip fidelity is required. In my experiments, i see round-trip
conversion errors of +/-1ms in somewhere between 0.25% (64-bit systems) to
2% (32-bit systems) of all timestamp converted round-trip between Julian
and ISO8601.

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/