On 01/08/2015 07:48 AM, Philip Warner wrote:
I just saw the SQLite Android Bindings page at

    http://www.sqlite.org/android/doc/trunk/www/index.wiki

but was a little disappointed to read in the details that UNICODE and LOCALIZED are not supported. I'd really like the latest SQLite, and LOCALIZED.

How difficult would it be to add LOCALIZED collation support? I'm guessing that the fact it's not there means it's non-trivial, but I was hoping otherwise...

The stumbling block is that the Android implementations use ICU. So to use the Android versions I think we would have to build ICU as a static library as well as SQLite. And ICU is quite large.

The implementations are in the file "sqlite3_android.cpp" (part of the Android source tree - should be possible to google it). They look quite self-contained, so if you were willing to build ICU as part of your app and hack around with the code you could probably get them to work without too much trouble.

Dan.