Thanks for all the sage observations. As a server with a connection pool, I'm
avoiding some of issues brought up. Every thread has their own connection
handle and when done, it goes back into the pool so no sharing. I spent some
hours reading everything I could find about this product and concurrency
issues and my goal is ultimately to avoid busy's and lockout's. This library
is quite fast and performance isn't going to be an issue. After I put the
backup api in the server code base, I'll hit it with several thousand
threads, mixed reads and writes, as fast as I can create them both with the
backup api active and without and see what the session log records.

Rick Kelly