On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 3:36 PM, Staffan Tylen <staffan.ty...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 3:25 PM, Clemens Ladisch <clem...@ladisch.de>
> wrote:
>
> > Testing <http://www.sqlfiddle.com/#!12/ddd8e/1> shows that the DISTINCT
> > applies to the function, not to individual parameters, and that indeed
> > the set of all parameters is checked:
>

> This is to me the most logical way to look at it, DISTINCT should apply to
> the result regardless of the number of parameters required to create it.

My little brain has no idea how the "a;b:c/c,d" came about from the input
rows, so I don't find it logical at all myself...

I see what the distinct set of (value), or (delim), or (value,delim) tuples
are.

But I fail to see how the delimiter come from in "a;b:c/c,d", especially
why they are "out of order" vs the value-order. FWIW. --DD