On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 5:23 AM, Jay Kreibich <j...@kreibi.ch> wrote:

> On Jan 16, 2015, at 5:06 AM, Scott Robison <sc...@casaderobison.com>
> wrote:
>
> > LIKE & GLOB can be overridden with user defined functions. According to
> > https://www.sqlite.org/lang_corefunc.html LIKE can be a 2 or 3 argument
> > function, GLOB can be a 2 argument function, and neither MATCH nor REGEXP
> > can be redefined.
>
> They can all be (re)defined, some just happen to have default functions:
>
> https://www.sqlite.org/lang_expr.html#like

Thanks for the link. I was so focused on the syntax at the top of the page
and the function lists that I never scrolled down far enough, obviously.

So the only remaining question is whether there is any functional
difference between the LIKE & GLOB SQL functions and the same named
operators (other than argument order)? Is there a reason to prefer one or
the other in SQL syntax?

--
Scott Robison