On 26 Jan 2015 at 12:23, Hick Gunter <h...@scigames.at> wrote:

> NO. Only if all of the following apply
>
> - you are parsing and/or displaying raw returned column names
> - your select contains more than one table (a table joined to itself counts
> as 2)
> - your tables have columns that share the same name

Thanks for the clarification. I have a feeling this is not the first time this
has come up - but the result of the discussion last time left me with the same
impression I had when making my earlier post. If you're saying that in simple
cases of doing a select one may rely on the defined names appearing, then
things make more sense.

--
Cheers  --  Tim