Howdy!

I've got an object that encapsulates access to an SQLite database, i.e., all
writes to the database are done in terms of method calls to the object.
However, I want to give the application read-only access to the database for
queries.  There are two obvious ways to do this:

1. I can define an "authorizer", and have it deny write access for queries
coming from outside the object.

2. I can open two database handles on the one file, one of them read-only, and
give the outside application access to the read-only database handle.

At present the application is single-threaded, so simultaneous access isn't an
issue (and I'm using WAL mode anyway).

I'm currently using #1; I enable the authorizer before queries from outside,
and remove it afterward, each time.

I kind of like #2--it's simpler--but I'm worried that it would increase memory
usage considerably.

Thoughts?