I know the reports about huge performance increase achieved within the last
year. (Compliments for that.) However, those numbers ignore processor
architecture and I/O. My question is a different one.

What speed difference do you perceive in real-world applications?

I know that there can't be any answer valid for everybody and for every
situation...

Some of my results (I compared v3.7.15.2 vs v3.8.8.1, W7, 2.4 GHz i5, RAM
4G):

TestA
Stress tests that executed a few thousands random SQL commands (small
tables, small commands, transactions were used to group write operations):
The differences were within statistical fluctuations

TestB (used SQLite shell)
I dumped real production database and modified the dump file by adding a
commit after each table. Then I measured the time needed to re-create the
database from the dump file.
v3.8 was faster by some 10-15% (WAL mode)

TestC
Same test as above, but this time one table column was filled with large
strings. (emails)
There was no speed difference between v3.8 and v3.7.

What about your experience? Do you perceive better performance due to the
last SQLite updates?