On 2015-02-09 10:34, Simon Slavin wrote:
<https://www.zetetic.net/sqlcipher/>

SQLCipher is an open source extension to SQLite that provides
transparent 256-bit AES encryption of database files.  It comes as
free source for you to compile yourself, or you can buy pre-built
binary libraries for numerous platforms, with support.

The API extends SQLite by adding PRAGMAs and C functions to configure
the encryption.

As a full database encryptor it encrypts the database file as a whole
rather than individual rows or fields. It therefore isn't weak to the attacks which easily penetrate most quick-and-easy encryption systems.

Yeah, this is the encryption support we're using in the DB4S (open source)
GUI.  The Zetetic guys were really helpful in their forums with
implementation pointers too. :)

Btw, if anyone gets it working for the MXE cross-compilation environment,
that'd be great for us too.  (we don't support SQLCipher in our Win32
builds yet, due to this missing bit) ;)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift