At present I can't answer that. I can't reliably reproduce the problem (and
never in the debugger) so I don't yet really know what the critical factor
is.

What I'm trying to understand is what guarantees Sqlite makes. If we assume
a perfectly valid sequence of SQL and API calls ending with COMMIT, followed
immediately by a panic shutdown with no API calls to release any prepared
statements, handles or whatever, is the data saved? If not, what is the
minimum that must be done to ensure the data is written out and the database
is valid? Is there a timing element? Are threads involved? Is
nondeterministic behaviour possible?

I think these are important things to understand for an embedded database,
and I couldn't find much in the docs.

Regards
David M Bennett FACS

Andl - A New Database Language - andl.org