On 2016/05/27 6:00 AM, Balaji Ramanathan wrote:
Interesting.  I have no idea what a facebook-style interface looks like
since I don't have a facebook account.  The main advantage of forums, and I
follow a bunch of them, is that I choose when I want to stop my regular day
job and be distracted by them rather than emails coming in and distracting
me all the time.  And a forum can be set up to email you every time someone
posts something if you want to follow along in real-time.  But if the main
contributors prefer a mailing list then I can get used to it too.

A valid point indeed - for most of us this is simply achieved by e-mail filtering or perhaps using a different mail account. As an aside - If your company makes software that uses SQLite in any way, you should probably receive the SQLite forum mails somewhere into a folder in your company mails as reference material.

This forum is one of the pillars of SQLite's usability.