I use version 3.8.11.1 of SQLite in my application. The application
opens a database connection on start up. This connection is kept open
until the application is terminated.

After opening the database a temporary table is created. Accessing this
temporary table works as expected directly after it has been created.
However, a few seconds (5-10) later I get an error from SQLite on trying
to access the temporary table again, stating that the temporary table
doesn't exist. My database connection was *not* closed in between, and
the temporary table was *not* dropped explicitly.

As far as I understood the SQLite documentation, a temporary table is
automatically destroyed only on closing the database connection. So I
wonder what could cause the temporary table to disappear unexpectedly?

Regards,

Ulrich