Hi,
I have a table built by:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS TAGS (ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT,
NAME TEXT NOT NULL, COUNT INTEGER NOT NULL);

where `COUNT` is an `INTEGER`. I wanted to increment `COUNT` with that
command :

UPDATE TAGS SET COUNT = 'COUNT + 1' WHERE ID = '666';

but when I looked where `ID` = 666, in the `COUNT` cell I read :

COUNT + 1

my error is obvious, but why sqlite doesn't return an error ? as I
specified I want an integer, I should not be granted to set the value
by a string. Or there is some reason for sqlite being permissive ?

regards,

Nicolas J.