Hi,

I do it all the time - why not?
There are basically two approaches
1) download precompiled binary from SQLite website
2) compile it yourself.

As for the second one we use CMake for everything. The following little CMake
script does the job:

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)
project(sqlite C)

set(CMAKE_SKIP_BUILD_RPATH ON)
set(CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/bin)
set(CMAKE_LIBRARY_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY ${CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY})
set(CMAKE_INCLUDE_CURRENT_DIRECTORY ON)

if(CMAKE_SYSTEM MATCHES Windows)
        # warning C4251: class x needs to have dll-interface to be used by
clients of class y
        add_definitions(-DWIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN -Zc:wchar_t -wd4251 -Zi)
endif(CMAKE_SYSTEM MATCHES Windows)

set(Sources
sqlite3.c
)

add_library(sqlite3 SHARED ${Sources})
set_target_properties(sqlite3 PROPERTIES DEFINE_SYMBOL
"SQLITE_API=__declspec(dllexport)")

Note that you can manipulate the "add_definitions" thing. We just happen to use
the same set everywhere.

--
Gruesse,
Jakub