On 28 Aug 2015, at 3:45am, Yuri <yuri at rawbw.com> wrote:

> My computer has 24GB ob RAM of which 4GB is free. At the time of the problem
> the size of the process is 325MB. And the size of complete DB is ~250MB. So
> this isn't it.
>
> What's worth mentioning though is that at the time of the event in question
> size of the process increases by 5MB.

It seems we need someone who knows how SQLite creates databases in memory.  Do
you open this database as ':memory:' ?

I don't know why the process suddenly gets bigger.  I don't think anything in
the SQLite programming is doing it.  There are many mysterious things going on
in modern operating systems and I only know Macintosh well enough to make
guesses about why it does things.

Simon.