> Are you using Excel or VB6?  They're very different things.
I use both. Have done for many years and by now I did indeed figure out
they are not the same :)

> freopen etc.
Thanks, will give that a try.

> can step through the sqlite code in a debug build
That would be great, but not sure how that works. Will ask somebody who
knows these things.
I do in fact have MS VS 2013, but no idea how to step through the code in
debug mode.

RBS