??? <2004wqg2008 at 163.com> wrote:

>         After testing the Sqlite3_open and ATTACH DATABASE,
>         I found that the attach database is slower than sqlite3_open.
>         there is attachment after the mail which includ the speed
>         information ( millisecond ).

Your attachment was discarded (attachment not allowed in this
mailing list).

Anyway, I remember observing that:

- sqlite3_open_v2(...) is lazy.  In other words, it does not parse the
  schema of the DB until the first query is performed after opening
  the database.
- ATTACH is not lazy. The schema is parsed as soon as you
  attach a database.

That could explain the difference in speed.
Would there be a way to make ATTACH lazy by the way?

Regards
Dominique