On Wed, 1 Jul 2015 14:28:37 +0530, Prakash Premkumar
<prakash.prax at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can you please tell me how to compile sqlite as a library and link with
>other applications using the "-L" flag ?

That depends on the operating system you want to use it on.
For many common platforms a precompiled binary is available on
the download page:
http://www.sqlite.org/download.html

The link recipe depends on your platform and toolchain.
Oftentimes, is it sufficent to add the sqlite3 amalgamation
source (which you can make with 'make sqlite3.c') to your list
of sources. For example the sqlite3 command line tool is build
using:
        gcc ${CFLAGS} -o sqlite3 sqlite3.c src/shell.c

More info:
http://www.sqlite.org/howtocompile.html

I hope this helps. If you need more detailed info, please reply
with the specifications of your platform.

--
Regards,

Kees Nuyt