On 2015-07-31 06:16 PM, Allen wrote:
> Dear Dr. Hipps
>
> My bug report could not have been more clear.  (And so is your response,
> BTW--I will not waste my time sending you bug reports in the future).

If I may - there is no reason to be dismayed. The suggestion for
optimization seems a great one and very probably will be implemented.

The word "BUG" is reserved for actual unexpected (different to the
documented) or erroneous results - which, from your very clear
description, does not seem to be the case - unless of course we
misunderstood and you are actually getting an incorrect answer from the
query, which is what the reply was trying to discern, and, in which case
it will actually be a bug and be entered in the bug-tracking system (and
receive a lot more serious attention).

All the devs need to know is: Do we enter it into bug-tracking, or do we
enter it into feature/optimization requests?  No emotion enters into it,
so kindly simply say: Do you get a wrong answer from the query, or not?
Or even, could you perhaps conceive of a query that would give a wrong
answer, knowing the condition you've found?

Cheers,
Ryan