Hipp
Sent: Friday, 5 June 2015 9:11 AM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] User-defined types

On 6/4/15, Darko Volaric <lists at darko.org> wrote:

> What is motivating this for me is that I generate many unique queries
> in my code for almost any operation. Converting those to SQL is error
> prone and uses a lot of memory compared to the operation involved. The
> database engine is so fast and efficient yet I'm wasting resources making
SQL!

You are welcomed to go off and try to come up with a new and better
interface.  That's the beauty of open-source.  Maybe you will come up with
some new and innovative ideas that will change the industry!
It's happened before!

I just want to ensure that if, after working on your new approach for a
while, you eventually decide that SQL isn't quite as bad a language as you
originally thought it was, that you don't come back and say I didn't warn
you.

--
D. Richard Hipp
drh at sqlite.org