Hi all,

While reading through the draft documentation for FTS5, I noticed the
following in section 4.1.1:

"The built-in auxiliary function bm25() returns a real value indicating
how well the current row matches the full-text query. The better the
match, the
larger the value returned."

Then, a little further down it says:

"In order to avoid this pitfall, the FTS5 implementation of BM25
multiplies the result by -1 before returning it, ensuring that better
matches are assigned
numerically lower scores."

Is this a mistake, or did I misunderstand something?

Also, I am curious to know whether the developers are able to estimate
roughly when the FTS5 extension might appear in an official release of
SqLite?

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall