Hi

I know this must seem a fairly dumb question, but I can't find an easy way to
create a copy of table using just SQL.

My requirement is to take periodic snapshots of a names and addresses table, to
be stored in the same database as the master.

The master table has one index - an auto-incrementing integer ID (non NULL,
primary key). There is no need for the corresponding field in the snapshot to
be indexed, but the integer ID does need to be copied across.

I'm happy to copy the table structure in one operation and the data in another,
but if it can be done in a single operation so much the better.

Thanks

Nige