On Sun, 3 May 2015 01:18:11 +0100
Simon Slavin <slavins at bigfraud.org> wrote:

> In searching for something else I came across this:
>
> <http://beets.radbox.org/blog/sqlite-nightmare.html>
>
> I don't like the fact that it's undated.  For all I know this is
> about a three year old bug which has long since been patched.
>
> I understand the description, but not what SQLite does internally,
> and I don't know whether it was ever reported to the SQLite dev
> team.  Would someone like to take a look ?

I think it's a misuse of Sqlite and not a real bug. He adds code to ensure only
one thread access the database in a multithread application. For the
description, I infer he uses -DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=2 (multithread), where a
-DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=1 (serialized) solve the problem better because the code to
ensure only one thread access the database in multithread app, is sqlite own
code, don't need to reinvent the wheel.

Please, pay attention to my first two words, "I think", it shows my opinion
about the problem as is described, not a real solution to other problems.

> Simon.
---   ---
Eduardo Morras <emorrasg at yahoo.es>