The "data type" is associated with the data value itself.  Columns do not have
Datatypes -- they have affinities.  The column affinity is only used when doing
certain and specific operations on real tables.  Since you cannot do these
operations on a view, the column affinity is meaningless and is just a comment.
 You can create these comments for views, however, if you declare the view such
that it includes them (ie, just as you would declare a table).  However, if you
use a shortcut method to declare a view, then the comments are left out simply
beause to compute them would serve no purpose, and having them provides no
advantage.