> On 2 Nov 2015, at 7:46pm, Cory Nelson <phrosty at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Serializing in user space is going to prevent pipelining, so it's
> definitely not the greatest idea. Command queuing is a great reason to
> have parallel I/Os and can make a big difference depending on your
> storage type. SSDs can read multiple NAND chips at once, HDDs can
> start moving the head to the next location as soon as possible, etc.
> Though, I'm not sure how applicable this is to iOS development.

All true.  The way you do it is to set up a process (or, if you already have
threads, a thread) which does all the SQLite access.  It queues up access
requests and serves them.

The thing is, this program (whatever it is) is running on an iOS device, which
is probably a phone.  The only thing that really needs multiple threads on a
phone is a 3D game.  Nothing that would access a huge SQLite database.

Simon.