On 11/25/2015 06:19 PM, Richard Hipp wrote:

>> The I/O path is more complicated than I originally thought though:
>> FreeBSD server (running our app with SQLite) with UFS+SU -> Linux (Xen host)
>> -> FreeBSD (ISCSI + ZFS)
>
> I don't know what this means.  Is there a network filesystem involved?

A network blockdevice is involved.
The physical storage is FreeBSD ZFS, which exports block devices (stored on
ZFS) over ISCSI to Linux hosts that run Xen.
Then FreeBSD is run as guest in that Xen server, and uses its own filesystem
(UFS+SoftUpdates) on top of the block device exported over the network (via
ISCSI).

Those are lots of pieces where something can go wrong, I'm doing some tests to
see whether I can reproduce the problem on a more usual setup (just one OS, one
disk, and no hypervisors or network block devices).

--
Edwin T?r?k | Co-founder and Lead Developer

Skylable open-source object storage: reliable, fast, secure
http://www.skylable.com