Dominique Devienne wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 2:16 PM, Dan Kennedy <danielk1977 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/27/2015 12:13 PM, Igor Korot wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Is there any way to have "sqlite3_errmsg" function return a wide char
>>> string?
>>> Or do a conversion in a portable way?
>>>
>> Will sqlite3_errmsg16() work for you?
>>
>>    https://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/errcode.html
>
> That's UTF-16, while a wstring is expected to be in the current locale
> (which won't be UTF-16 on Windows).
Excuse me, but the std::wstring type is based on wchar and has no
codepage assigned to it.
And under windows, that's the standard type to use to talk to the W
suffix APIs, thus giving them the UTF-16 that they are expecting.

I'm using the sqlite3_errmsg16 function here under windows, and gives me
exactly what I need to be sent to, say, the MessageBoxW Win32 API.