On 10/22/15, Romain Crausaz <romain.crausaz at digisens.ch> wrote:
> Dear,
>
> We have an embedded system using sqlite. I performed an update from
> version 3.7.11 to 3.8.11 and was surprized that the binary file sqlite3
> has grown from 44.8 KB to 627.4 KB. I used the same configuration
> (default) for both cross-compilation.

We carefully monitor the size of the compiled SQLite binary.  A graph
of that size is shown at

     https://www.sqlite.org/binary-size.jpg

The 627.4KB for 3.8.11 is within reason, depending on what compiler
you are using.  But SQLite has *never* been as small as 44.8 KB.  Is
that a typo?

As you can see, the binary size has increased some, but not a lot,
over the past 8 years.