On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 01:30:37PM +0200, Eduardo Morras wrote:

> Use gmake to compile.

It didn't work either. Finally I've just installed some brand new linux
on a nearby virtual machine, made there make -f Makefile.linux-gcc and
thoroughly repeated it's output line-by-line on my FreeBSD while replacing
gcc by cc. Eventually it compiled well (with almost the same set of warnings)
and the result seems to work (at least within my own coverage).

Thanks to the high general coding style, there were only two idiosyncrasies
to be corrected: lack of the system-wide malloc.h (which is replaced by
unistd.h in FreeBSD) and yet another lack of the fdatasync() syscall, which
is already carefully screened from the sources by a special symbol called
__ANDROID__ ;-)

By the way, clang kindly revealed a couple of forgotten "unsigned" in the
sources, which could (and did in the past) produce some nice bugs. Attention
to developers.

> Note that there isn't a port,

I know. Despite the code being frozen for almost a full year, nobody
wants to take a trouble of maintaining FreeBSD port (perhaps me too).

Valentin Davydov.