you could use SQL i.e.
select typeof(col1) from table1

would return text, integer etc. for each row in the table for the
specified column.

problems could arise if rows have NULL for given column or SQLite
slack of strict column affinity mena sthat someone has dropped a
string into an integer column.

select typeof(col1) from table where col1 not null limit 1

mightbe a better option
Paul
www.sandersonforensics.com
skype: r3scue193
twitter: @sandersonforens
Tel +44 (0)1326 572786
http://sandersonforensics.com/forum/content.php?195-SQLite-Forensic-Toolkit
-Forensic Toolkit for SQLite
email from a work address for a fully functional demo licence