Barrett
Gesendet: Dienstag, 19. J?nner 2016 07:28
An: SQLite mailing list
Betreff: Re: [sqlite] Wish list: allow developers use the power of sqliteparser

One use of this I would like is to create a security framework around arbitrary
SQL queries from the user.  So, for example, I'd love to determine which tables
(and which columns of those tables) a particular query is going to access, and
then compare that list against a whitelist of columns the user is authorized to
access.  I'm not confident enough in my own parsing skills to make something
foolproof, but if I were using the same exact parser as sqlite, then it would
be impossible to "trick".

Any suggestions on how to use the private Lemon parser methods to accomplish
this?  Thanks!

-david

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 7:17 AM, Domingo Alvarez Duarte < sqlite-mail at
dev.dadbiz.es> wrote:

> Is this something crazy to ask as a developer ?
>
> I think that even for the author something like this would make
> several tasks easier.
>
> Ideally I would like to feed the parser with an sql string, get it's
> syntax tree, maybe do some rewrite and feed it execute it, this
> possibility can open the door to amazing things.
>

> Thanks for all answers so far, I still want to hear any other idea
> that can lead to achieve the original request !
>

> Cheers !

 Gunter Hick
Software Engineer
Scientific Games International GmbH
FN 157284 a, HG Wien
Klitschgasse 2-4, A-1130 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43 1 80100 0
E-Mail: hick at scigames.at

This communication (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the
intended recipient(s) only and may contain information that is confidential,
privileged or legally protected. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this
in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail message and
delete all copies of the original communication. Thank you for your cooperation.